In our line of work, we cater a lot of different and interesting events… none more so than a Hen’s Party! The tales our function staff could tell… sssssh!
Traditions of tacky veils and strippers aside, here are our favourite Hen’s party ideas:
- Hire out a cool private house to escape with all of your nearest and dearest for a few nights. Although the house hire may be more expensive to split upfront, you can save with BYO alcohol and snacks. Spoil yourself by hiring in a caterer for a long, luxurious girls lunch like the one we did in this Palm Beach rental house. The client provided their own styling, including special straws (!), bottomless jugs of Pimms, and we did the rest. For Northern Beaches accommodation we love Northern Beaches Holidays (http://www.nbholidays.com.au) & Contemporary Hotels (http://contemporaryhotels.com.au/accommodation/palm-beach)
2. Sail the 7 seas… or at least our glorious Harbour. Nothing gives that celebrity feel like a glamorous day out on Sydney Harbour with an oversized pair of sunnies and your favourite summer dress. We were fortunate to board the super slick “Fly Murcielago” for Hayley’s Hens for a day of canapes, champagne & Hens party hijinks. Our staff were even provided with a shirtless waiter to help on the day!
3. Get active! Move glamour aside and get out there with a fun group experience:
• Pole dancing sessions – We love Dallas Dee and her girls at Showpony Pole and Burlesque (http://www.showponypoleandburlesque.com.au)
• Treasure hunts
• Cocktail making
• Life drawing
• Paintballing and clay shooting – For the adrenaline seeking bride-to-be
4. Get out of town… For a recent Hen’s I attended we booked a charter tour and experienced the delightful wines on offer in the rolling hills of the Hunter Valley. We started the day full of energy with a spread of fruit platters and pastry boxes from Corella, visited wineries, the Hunter Cheese Factory, Chocolate shop and ended with a fabulous long lunch. Organising was super easy with a package from My Ultimate Hens (http://www.myultimatehens.com.au)